The forerunner of Emilio Aguinaldo College was the Marian School of Midwifery founded in 1957, under the management of the Marian Clinics, Inc., headed by Dr. Jose Fontanilla as principal. In 1959 Dr. Crisanto S. Vito Cruz and Dr. Gregorio T. Delgado, together with Mrs. Lolita R. Vito Cruz established the 1st Medical Secretarial School in the country. This was followed by the founding of the Marian School of Nursing headed by Ms. Carmen Karganilla. Mrs. Julia Vasquez was the head of the School of Midwifery.
On September 1977, the name Marian College was changed to General Emilio Aguinaldo College, to apply to both Manila and Cavite Campuses. This was in consonance with the new directions of the government in recognizing and honoring national heroes. Subsequently, the title “General” was dropped, and the College was then called Emilio Aguinaldo College, as it is known today. With the two campuses now in full operation, there arose a need to have two sets of administrators. In Cavite, Dr. Antonio Talusan was acting Chancellor, Mrs. Virginia Bactad. OIC and Head of Arts and Sciences Division, Mrs. Emelita Virata was head of Graduate in Nursing and Mrs. Teresita Medina was head of Midwifery.
v City – Manila (Capital City of Philippines)
– 24oC to 33oC