Helpline No.: 9869421904/9967306635

Batui Shota Rustaveli State University


The establishment and development of the educational system in Adjara was a long-time endeavour of the Georgian community. In 1893 the issue was raised to open a Boys’ Gymnasium in Batumi. On 26-27 June, 1893 the Municipality of the city granted 2 623, 95 sq/m area of land for the Boys’ Gymnasium at the seaside. The project was designed by a military engineer Sedelnikov. The first floor of the building allocated a gym while the second floor contained the church, assembly hall, eight classrooms, art classroom, physics study-room, laboratory and a library. The Boys’ Gymnasium started functioning in July, 1897. On 26 September, 1900 it became possible to open a Women’s Gymnasium as well. Later, by 1923, a Pedagogical Institute was founded in the building of former Women’s Gymnasium (present Public School ?2) which afterwards turned into a Pedagogical College. It used to prepare the first stage school teachers.

© 2019 Genesis Career Counsellors Pvt. Ltd. | Design & Developed by Genesis